Bayfest is one of the biggest events of the year on Anna Maria Island, kicking off the fall season. This all day street festival has been a much anticipated annual festival since 2001. It is Anna Maria Island’s largest and longest running music, food, and crafts festival. The festival takes place on the 3rd Saturday of October each year. It runs from 10am – 9pm and is free to all. The festival is located on Pine Avenue, which is closed for the event to better showcase the one-of-a-kind LOCAL arts and craft vendors.
Some of BayFest features include:
- A classic car show, with over 100 classic, custom, and muscle cars. The car show is sponsored by LaPensee Plumbing Pools and Air; a family owned and operated business that has proudly been providing residential and commercial applications since 1985. Mike LaPensee is usually an honorary judge, and will be handing out awards at the conclusion of the car show
- Live music featuring some local Bradenton area acts like: Mike Sales – Emcee (10 a.m.-9 p.m.), Renegade (10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.), soulRcoaster (1-3 p.m.), Yesterdayze (3:30-5 p.m.), the Dr. Dave Band (5:30-7:30 p.m.) and the Karen and Jimmy Band (7:30-9 p.m.).
- Beer trucks, wine and rum
- 4 blocks of local artisans, crafters and vendors with their unique, one-of-a-kind items
- Food vendors with everything from subs to BBQ, Greek food to German food.
- Frozen and other refreshments
- Kids fun zone which includes a bounce house, inflatables, and a Privateers pirate ship
Some street parking is available, just be aware of signs indicating parking is permitted, and keep all 4 tires off the roadway and sidewalks. The free Anna Maria Island Trolley is also available, which shuttles the length of the island. There will be one dedicated trolley shuttling people directly from the Crosspointe Fellowship Church to the City Pier at the end of Pine Avenue.